Omar Samuel Pasley, better known as OMI (b. September 3, 1986, Clarendon) is a Jamaican singer, who has seen his dream of being famous become true by being incredibly patient.
After moving to the capital Kingston and getting to know the dance-hall patron Clifton Dillon, frequent collaborator of him in the songwriting process, he started recording his first original pieces of work: among them, there was “Cheerleader,” released in 2012, which wasn’t a proper breakout single at first, as it became a national minor hit and, outside of Jamaica, it was popular only in Hawaii and in the United Arab Emirates.
Two years later, the song came to the ears of Patrick Moxey, owner of the dance empire Ultra Music, who decided to relaunch it by releasing a remix, commissioned to the then 20-year-old German producer Felix Jaehn.
Suddenly, “Cheerleader” appeared in the charts of the whole world, and both involved artists found themselves at the first spot of the Billboard Hot 200, the UK Singles Chart and many other European rankings.
While Felix built a solid reputation as a producer of dance and house music, OMI became able to record his first album, Me 4 U (2015), and receive many co-signs from worldwide colleagues: this allowed him to collaborate with artists like Shaggy, The Vamps and Takagi & Ketra.
Felix Jaehn Releases
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Past Life (and Jonas Blue)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - All For Love (feat Sandro Cavazza)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Wishlist
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Call It Love (feat Ray Dalton)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Feeling (and Robin Shulz feat Georgia Ku)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - No Therapy (feat Bryn Christopher & Nea)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Never Alone (and Mesto feat Vcation)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Love On Myself (feat Calum Scott)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Feel Good (and Mike Williams)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Hot2Touch (feat Hight and Alex Aiono)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Bonfire (feat Alma)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Book Of Love (feat Polina)
- remixes: Felix Jaehn - Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better) (feat Jasmine Thompson)